Introduced in 2013, the Dean’s Excellence Awards is a prestigious award at school level to accord recognition to passionate staff who espouse the school’s values, make significant impact within and beyond the school, seek continuous improvement in their personal best and is a role model for all.
This is a prestigious award at school level to accord recognition to passionate staff who espouse the school’s values, make significant impact within and beyond the school, seek continuous improvement in their personal best and is a role model for all
The Dean’s Excellence Awards winners may be considered for nomination for other awards at National/University level such as National Day Awards-Public Administration Medal, NUS Outstanding Educator Award and President’s Science & Technology Awards.
Award Categories and Criteria
There are three award categories and their criteria are:
(1) Excellence in Administration
- Made significant contributions either as a leader or in his/her professional areas of work
- Innovative in creating ways to improve efficiency and productivity in their respective function within and outside the School.
(2) Excellence in Education
- Excelled in engaging and inspiring students in their journey of academic pursuit.
- Recognized in advancing new teaching methodologies, effecting new curriculum development or making a significant contribution to the educational mission of the School.
(3) Excellence in Research
- Made outstanding contributions to research & development and results in new discoveries or secured significant amount of grants.
- Played a strategic role in the research & development beyond the School.
- All Duke-NUS staff including adjunct staff are eligible.
- The staff should not have received any adverse reports, for example:
- Does not have “Needs Improvement” performance grade, is not under Performance Improvement Plan, disciplinary charges or investigation(s).
- The staff must be in active service and not serving or being served notice of termination at the time of nomination/ receiving award.
The Dean will assess and select among the winners of the Achiever’s Award to receive the Dean’s Excellence Awards.
Congratulations to our recipients: