Duke-NUS Medical School recognizes that safety excellence is an integral part of our mission of transforming medicine, improving lives. We are committed to improving strategies and processes constantly, to ensure the highest level of safety performance which meets national and international standards.
The School and all its employees and associates are committed to:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace for the prevention of injuries and ill-health for our employees, students, contractors and visitors, through a robust and certified Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements, standards, codes of practices and university requirements.
- Taking reasonable and practicable measures to manage hazards and reduce Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) risks that may impact the community and environment.
- Maintaining an open channel of communication and encouraging a ‘Just Culture’, where open and free reporting of all safety and health hazards and matters are encouraged in good faith without the fear of reprisal.
- Providing and supporting services, programmes and initiatives to foster an inclusive and consultative culture of safety, good health and wellbeing.
- Establishing a system of accident and incident reporting and analysis to encourage staff to learn from them and to minimize the possibility of reoccurrence.
- Assessing the effectiveness of the Safety Management System through regular audits of safety procedures and practices.
- Establishing relevant training programs to ensure safe work practices.
- Continuously reviewing and improving the School’s safety performance.
At Duke-NUS we understand that safety is everyone’s individual and shared responsibility and we will work together to create a safe workplace for each and every one of us.
Application of the Policy
This policy is applicable to the Duke-NUS Medical School and all its activities.