Duke-NUS Medical School recognizes that safety excellence is an integral part of our mission of transforming medicine, improving lives. We are committed to improving strategies and processes constantly, to ensure the highest level of safety performance which meets national and international standards.
The School and all its employees and associates are committed to:
- Preventing workplace injury and ill-health for its employees, students, contractors and visitors, through a robust Safety Management System based on national and international best practices.
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements, codes of practices and university requirements.
- Taking reasonable measures to ensure that the community and environment are not placed at risk from its activities.
- Encouraging ‘Just Culture’, where open and free reporting of all safety hazards is encouraged in good faith without the fear of reprisal.
- Establishing a system of accident and incident reporting and analysis to encourage staff to learn from them.
- Maintaining an open channel of communication.
- Improving safety through regular audits of safety procedures and practices.
- Establishing relevant training programs to ensure safe work practices.
- Continuously reviewing and improving the School’s safety performance.
At Duke-NUS we understand that safety is everyone’s individual and shared responsibility and we will work together to create a safe workplace for each and every one of us.
Application of the Policy
This policy is applicable to the Duke-NUS Medical School and all its activities.