Education Qualifications: MBBS, MBA, MD (NUS), FRACS (Neurosurgery), FAMS
Dr Wai Hoe Ng is currently the Chief Executive Officer at Changi General Hospital. Dr Ng is previously the Medical Director of the National Neuroscience Institute, Academic Chair of the SingHealth Duke-NUS Neuroscience Academic Clinical Program and also the Deputy Chairman of the SingHealth Medical Board.
Dr Ng is a neurosurgeon with a subspecialty practice focused on Neurosurgical Oncology (Brain Tumours), Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery and Epilepsy Surgery.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships:
- Education Committee Member, Asian Congress of Neurosurgery (ACNS)
- Neuro-oncology Committee Member, World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS)
- Chairman, Neurosurgery Residency Advisory Committee (RAC)
- Chairman, Chapter of Neurosurgeons, College of Surgeons Singapore
- Programme Director, Post-graduate Training Centre (Singapore), World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS)
- Editorial Board, CNS Oncology
- Editorial Board, Journal of Clinical Neuroscience
- Member, Medical Device Advisory Committee (MDAC), Health Sciences Authority (HSA) Singapore
- Member, Medical Technology Assessment Committee (MTAC), Ministry of Health (MOH)
- Medical Specialist Panel of Work Injury Compensation Board, Ministry of Manpower
- Yahya Cohen Memorial Lectureship (College of Surgeons) (2017)
- GCEO Outstanding Clinician Award (2014)
- Sugita Scholarship (Nagoya University) (2010)
- Singapore Millenium Foundation Fellowship (2003)
Investigation of the usefulness of fluorescein sodium fluorescence in stereotactic brain biopsy. (Thien A, Han JX, Kumar K, Ng YP, Rao JP, Ng WH, King NKK) Acta Neurochir (Wien) (2018) 160(2):317-324.
Interleukin-13 receptor alpha 2 cooperates with EGFRvIII signaling to promote glioblastoma multiforme. (Newman JP, Wang GY, Arima K, Guan SP, Waters MR, Cavenee WK, Pan E, Aliwarga E, Chong ST, Kok CYL, Endaya BB, Habib AA, Horibe T, Ng WH, Ho IAW, Hui KM, Kordula T, Lam PYP) Nat Commun (2017) 4;8(1):1913.
Characterization of Pyramidal Tract Shift in High Grade Glioma Resection. (Md Tauseef Khalid, John C Allen Jr, Nicolas Kon Kam King, Jai P Rao, Eddie Tan, Rajesh Moorakonda, Wai H Ng) World Neurosurgery (2017)107:612-622.
The Fluoropen: A Simple Low Cost Device to Detect Intraoperative Fluorescein Fluorescence in Stereotactic Needle Biopsy of Brain Tumours. (Thien A, Rao JP, Ng WH, N KKK) Acta Neurochir (2017) 159(2):371-375.
Independent Mobility Achieved through a Wireless Brain-Machine Interface. (Libedinsky C, So R, Xu Z, Kyar TK, Ho D, Lim C, Chan L, Chua Y, Yao L, Cheong JH, Lee JH, Vishal KV, Guo Y, Chen ZN, Lim LK, Li P, Liu L, Zou X, Ang KK, Gao Y, Ng WH, Han BS, Chng K, Guan C, Je M, Yen SC) PLoS One (2016) 1;11(11):e0165773.
Re-do craniotomy for recurrent grade IV glioblastomas- impact and outcomes from the National Neuroscience Institute Singapore (Chen MW, Morsy AA, Liang S, Ng WH) World Neurosurg. 2016 Mar;87:439-45.
ST3GAL1-Associated Transcriptomic Program in Glioblastoma Tumor Growth, Invasion, and Prognosis. (Chong YK, Sandanaraj E, Koh LW, Thangaveloo M, Tan MS, Koh GR, Toh TB, Lim GG, Holbrook JD, Kon OL, Nadarajah M, Ng I, Ng WH, Tan NS, Lim KL, Tang C, Ang BT) J Natl Cancer Inst. 2015 Nov 7;108(2).
Awake craniotomy using electromagnetic navigation technology without rigid pin fixation. (Morsy AA, Ng WH) J Clin Neurosci (2015) 22(11):1827-1829.
Outcomes of Subdural Haematoma Drainage in Nonagenarians and Centenarians: A Multicentre Study. (Lester Lee, Justin Ker, Hui Yu Ng, Thangaraj Munusamy, Nicolas Kon Kam King, Dinesh Kumar, Wai Hoe Ng) J Neurosurg (2015) Jul 10:1-6.
High-frequency Stimulation of Globus Pallidus Interna modulates GFRα1 Gene Expression in Basal Ganglia. (Duncan Xun Kiat Ho, Jia Yi Tan, Yong Chee Tan, Heng PhonToo, Wai Hoe Ng). J Clin Neurosci (2014) 21(4): 657-660.
Cortical Reorganization of Motor Functional Areas in Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformations (Lester Lee, Yih Yian Sitoh, Ivan Ng, Wai Hoe Ng) J Clin Neurosci (2013) 20(5):649-653.
Glial Cell-Line Derived Neurotrophic Factor (GDNF) Family of Ligands Confers Chemoresistance in Ligand-specific fashion in Malignant Gliomas (Wai Hoe Ng, John Wan, Zhun Ni Peng, Heng Phon Too) J Clin Neurosci (2009) 16(3): 427-436.
Diffusion Tensor Tractography: Corticospinal Tract Fiber Reduction is Associated with Temporary Hemiparesis in Benign Extra-Cerebral (Wai Hoe Ng, Dennis Cheong, Kathleen Joy Khu, Govindasamy Venkatesh, Tchoyoson Lim) Neurosurgery (2008) 63(3): 452-458.H-Index: 25 (Google Scholar Citation) (as at 28 Feb 2019)