The Centre for Ageing Research and Education (CARE) at Duke NUS Medical School is
recruiting an Assistant/Associate professor to spearhead ageing research both in Singapore
and the region. CARE is seeking a candidate whose primary research interest is ageing and
health. The candidate should have strong quantitative skills and any experience with
implementation and evaluation research will be given preference.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment, seek to establish
an innovative, pragmatic research agenda in Singapore and the region, and be able to promote
local capacity through mentoring and education in a highly supportive
environment. Opportunities exist for diverse collaborations with Singhealth as well as other
national health care organizations, programme developers on the ground as well as ageing
institutes locally and with universities around the Pacific Rim.
This position represents an outstanding opportunity to become a high impact international
investigator in ageing and health.
- PhD degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Health Services Research, Public Health
- Strong research agenda
- Strong publication record (5 or more first authored publications in leading Geriatrics and Gerontology journals, with an impact factor of >2)
- Demonstrated ability to write grant proposals and maintain appropriate accountability
- Evidence of effective research collaboration across sectors and disciplines
In this role, personal attributes are equally important as the technical skills and include:
- Drive / enthusiasm
- Ability to work comfortably at the interface between academics, policy and practice
The position includes full salary assuring a stable base of support that can be supplemented by competitive grant awards.
Interested applicants should fill up the online application available on Duke-NUS website.
Please also send the same documents together with the following (directed to Associate
Professor Angelique Chan) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A summary of research accomplishments
- Outline of future plans, and
- Three letters of reference
Please note that recruitment will be done on a rolling basis as soon as a qualified applicant is identified and unsuccessful application will not be notified.