Associate / Assistant Professor
The Centre for Ageing Research and Education (CARE) at Duke NUS Medical School is recruiting an Assistant/Associate professor to spearhead ageing research both in Singapore and the region. CARE is seeking a candidate whose primary research interest is ageing and health. The candidate should have strong quantitative skills and any experience with implementation and evaluation research will be given preference. The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment, seek to establish an innovative, pragmatic research agenda in Singapore and the region and be able to promote local capacity through mentoring and education in a highly supportive environment. Opportunities exist for diverse collaborations with Singhealth as well as other national health care organisations, programme developers on the ground as well as ageing institutes locally and with universities around the Pacific Rim. This position represents an outstanding opportunity to become a high impact international investigator in ageing and health.
Qualifications and Expertise
- PhD degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Health Services Research, Public Health
- Strong research agenda
- Strong publication record (5 or more first authored publications in leading Geriatrics and Gerontology journals, with an impact factor of >2)
- Demonstrated ability to write grant proposals and maintain appropriate accountability
- Evidence of effective research collaboration across sectors and disciplines
Personal Attributes Required
In this role, personal attributes are equally important as the technical skills and include:
- Drive / Enthusiasm
- Ability to work comfortably at the interface between academics, policy and practice
The position includes full salary assuring a stable base of support that can be supplemented by competitive grant awards.
How to Apply
Please send the following documents to Ms. Normala Manap, Senior Associate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A summary of research accomplishments
- Outline of future plans, and
- Three reference letters
Please note that recruitment will be done on a rolling basis as soon as a qualified applicant is identified and unsuccessful application will not be notified.