Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow
The Centre for Ageing Research and Education (CARE) at Duke NUS Medical School is recruiting a Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow to complement its team of multidisciplinary researchers. The ideal candidate ideally should enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment, be able to spearhead research and grant applications as well as be able to promote local capacity through mentoring and education in a highly supportive environment.
Opportunities exist for diverse collaborations with SingHealth as well as other national health care organisations, programme developers on the ground as well as ageing institutes locally and with universities around the Pacific Rim.
Provide expertise in conducting research activities, including but not limited to planning, organising, conducting, and communicating research studies within the overall scope of a research project at Duke-NUS Medical School.
• Apply qualitative and quantitative research techniques which include accurate in-depth assessment, interpretation and evaluation of research outcomes, conceptualise new ideas and develop plans for independent research which could have a considerable influence and impact on the relevant field in attracting research funding.
• Conduct analyses of CARE data sets and provide and support longitudinal data collection efforts at CARE.
• Write and publish high impact journals.
• Develop and submit grant applications.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• PhD in a related scientific area and/or post-graduate Medical Degree with at least 3 years of relevant research experience and training.
• Demonstrated very good knowledge, skills and expertise with the potential to achieve research excellence.
• High impact publication experimental results.
• Knowledge of the scientific background relevant to the research area.
• Laboratory experimental skills.
• Strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
How to Apply
Please send the following documents to Ms. Normala Manap, Senior Associate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter stating your interest in the position
- Writing sample
- Three reference letters
Please note that recruitment will be done on a rolling basis as soon as a qualified applicant is identified and unsuccessful applications will not be notified.