The primary purpose of this role is to support the Senior Associate Director (SAD) of CARE in the overall financial management and administration of CARE programmes and operations. The key areas of duties would include financial management and reporting, procurement and office administration.
Roles & Responsibilities
Financial and Grants Management
The candidate will support CARE’s SAD with the centre’s financial management and reporting including:
1. Assist with the tracking, and projections of CARE’s overall and project budgets
2. Assist with tracking and management of all CARE’s project financing and contracts
3. Assist research teams with required financial reporting
4. Preparation of financial report to CARE’s Advisory Board and other relevant agencies and authorities as required
5. Manage all of the Centre’s procurement and purchases
1. Work with faculty and research staff to ensure primary and secondary data sources are stored securely and with robust integrity.
2. Work with faculty and programme administrators to follow best practices for data archiving of primary and secondary data, including facilitating data audits whenever required.
3. Facilitate the setup and management of web-based applications, and assist faculty with cloud storage options in compliance with university and national regulations.
1. Management and tracking of CARE’s inventory including data storage
2. Assist in the processing of CARE’s staff and intern recruitment and appointments
3. Maintain proper filing and documentation of all areas of work functions such as agreements, grants, manpower tracking, invoices and payments, grants and publications
Experience with preparations of budget, tracking of fund utilisation, and financial reporting
Experience with procurement processes and procedures
Experience with administrative processes and procedures
Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in finance and administration
Degree holder preferred; diploma holder with significant experience may be considered
Knowledge of relevant soft wares (excel is a must; project management software; knowledge of the SAP system is an advantage)
Ability to be work independently but think and operate collaboratively
Committed to team work and development
Adept at minute tasks as required in finance and procurement work but able to think “big picture”
CARE is an academic research centre based in Duke-NUS Medical School. It aims to harness the potentials of population ageing through its interdisciplinary expertise and collaborations across medical, social, psychological, economics and environmental perspectives. Recognising the need for a consolidated and long term approach towards longevity, CARE spearheads educational programmes to build competencies on ageing amongst researchers, policy and programme professionals. CARE also actively engages with government and industry partners to meet the needs of population ageing.
About Duke-NUS Medical School
Duke-NUS Medical School (Duke-NUS) is a strategic collaboration between Duke University School of Medicine, North Carolina and the National University of Singapore. In conjunction with SingHealth, the largest national health care service cluster in Singapore, Duke-NUS is unique in bringing postbaccalaureate, research-intensive medical education to Asia.
We invite interested candidates to apply with the following materials:
(1) Cover later stating your interest in the position;
(2) Curriculum Vitae
(3) Three Letters of Recommendation from the following individuals:
a. At least 2 must be from reporting officers/supervisors (previous or current)
b. 1 letter can be a personal reference
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further inquiries about the position, you may contact:
Normala Manap Senior Associate Director email@example.com