Centre for Ageing Research and Education (CARE) (www.duke-nus.edu.sg/care) is an academic research centre based in Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore. CARE works at the intersections of social and medical aspects of ageing, to study the health, demographic, social, and psychological aspects of well-being at older ages. CARE aims to produce high quality research and conduct strong and relevant education initiatives that inform the development of policy and programmes, and actively engages with government and industry partners to identify needs and strategies to enhance the experience of ageing in Singapore.
CARE is a vibrant work place with individuals from diverse academic and personal backgrounds and with a range of interests. We value the energy, passion and thought leadership of promising scholars who desire to achieve health, social inclusion and a high quality of life for older adults in Singapore.
- The selected candidate will work with other researchers at CARE on a number of projects, with the primary responsibilities including:
- Support in overall project coordination and management and liaising with project stakeholders
- Participate in development of data collection materials (i.e., survey questionnaires), in hardcopy as well as softcopy (for Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing [CAPI])
- Participate in fieldwork activities
- Perform data entry and management
- Attend to administrative and logistic needs of the project
- Assist in quantitative/qualitative data analysis, writing reports and manuscripts for publications, and preparing and submitting grant status reports to funding agencies
- Assist with CARE’s other significant initiatives where required
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in sociology, social work, public health or other related discipline
- Knowledge of local languages/dialects is a requirement due to the nature of the research project
- Prior work experience in conducting interviews for surveys and in data entry and management would be an advantage
- Able to communicate and interact comfortably with older adults
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extremely motivated and able to work independently in a multidisciplinary setting
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae, a covering letter, and a pdf file of a recent research project report, thesis, or term paper to Ms. Normala Manap, Senior Associate Director at email@example.com. Please ask three referees to send letters of recommendation on their letterheads directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that we can only notify shortlisted candidates.