Research Associate (Quantitative Research)
Centre for Ageing Research and Education (CARE) (www.duke-nus.edu.sg/care) is an academic research centre based in Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore. CARE works at the intersections of social and medical aspects of ageing, to study the health, demographic, social, and psychological aspects of well-being at older ages. CARE aims to produce high quality research and conduct strong and relevant education initiatives that inform the development of policy and programmes, and actively engages with government and industry partners to identify needs and strategies to enhance the experience of ageing in Singapore.
CARE is a vibrant work place with individuals from diverse academic and personal backgrounds and with a range of interests. We value the energy, passion and thought leadership of promising scholars who desire to achieve health, social inclusion and a high quality of life for older adults in Singapore.
The selected candidate will work with other researchers at CARE on a number of projects, with the primary responsibilities including:
- Conduct quantitative analysis of CARE’s survey data using Stata, SAS, or R
- Write and edit research papers, policy and research briefs, prepare presentations, and research proposals
- Present research findings to academic and non-academic audiences
- Support project management tasks, including questionnaire development, managing project documentation, preparing reports, and coordinating with survey research firms and other agencies
- Assist with CARE’s other initiatives where required
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Master’s degree in sociology, economics, epidemiology, public health, psychology, social work, or other field
- Experience in quantitative data analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Motivated, detail-oriented, with ability to work independently as well as with others in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter stating their interest in the position, a curriculum vitae, and a writing sample to Ms. Normala Manap, Senior Associate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask three referees to send letters of recommendation on their letterheads directly to email@example.com.
We regret that we can only notify shortlisted candidates.