Dr. Xiaomeng Wang is an Associate Professor at the Centre for Vison Research, Duke-NUS Medical School. Prior to this appointment, Dr. Wang worked as an Associate Professor at the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University Singapore. Dr. Wang obtained her BSc. in Biology at Beijing Normal University, China and her PhD in Genetics at Newcastle University, UK. Thereafter, she undertook post-doctoral training at Manchester University and University College London, UK.
My laboratory aims to understand molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying fibrovascular complications, especially those in the eye. Our ultimate goals are 1) to identify reliable biomarkers for disease prediction, diagnosis and prognosis; 2) to develop novel therapeutic approaches for more effective disease management; 3) to establish disease relevant in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo models.
- Kist R, Watson M, Wang X, Cairns P, Miles C, Reid DJ, Peters H. Reduction of Pax9 gene dosage in an allelic series of mouse mutants causes hypodontia and oligodontia. Hum Mol Genet. 2005 Dec 1;14(23):3605-17. [IF: 5.985]
- Wang, X., Harris, R.E., Bayston, L.J. and Ashe, H.L. (2008). Type IV collagens regulate BMP signalling in Drosophila. Nature 455: 72-77. [IF: 41.456]
- McKenzie JAG, Fruttiger M, Abraham S, Lange CA, Stone J, Gandhi P, Wang X, Bainbridge J, Moss SE, Greenwood J. Apelin is required for non-neovascular remodeling in the retina. Am J Pathol. 2012 Jan 180(1): 399-409. [IF:4.59]
- Wang X, Abraham S, McKenzie JAG, Jeffs N, Swire M, Lange CAK, Luhmann U, Bainbridge J, Zhai Z, Arthur H, Moss SE, Greenwood J. Lrg1 promotes angiogenesis by modulating endothelial TGFβ signaling. Nature. 2013 July 18; 499 (7458):306-311. [IF: 41.456]
- Pek SL, Tavintharan S, Wang X, Chi Lim S, Woon K, Ying Yeoh L, Ng X, Liu J, Fang Sum C. Elevation of a novel angiogenic factor, Leucine-Rich-α2-Glycoprotein (LRG1), is associated with arterial stiffness, endothelial dysfunction and Peripheral Arterial Disease in patients with Type 2 Diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Jan 30:jc20143855. [IF: 6.2]
- Song WH, Fhu CW**, Ang KW*, Liu CH*, Nurul ABJ**, Lio CS*, Abraham S, Moss SE, Greenwood J, Hong WJ, Wang X. The foetal mouse metatarsal bone explant as a model of angiogenesis. Nature Protocols. 2015 10,1459–1473. [IF: 9.637]
- Song WH, Wang X. The role of TGFβ1 and LRG1 in cardiac remodelling and heart failure. Biophysical Reviews. March 2015, Volume 7, Issue 1, pp 91–104. [IF: 3]
- Wang M, Chen J, Liu C*, Qiu J, Wang X, Chen P, Xu C. A Graphene Quantum Dots-Hypochlorite Hybrid System for the Quantitative Fluorescent Determination of Total Antioxidant Capacity. Small. 2017 Aug;13 (30). doi: 10.1002/smll.201700709. Epub 2017 Jun 8. [IF: 8.315]
- Boopathy GTK, Kulkarni M, Ho SY, Boey A, Chua EWM, Barathi VA, Carney TJ, Wang X and Hong W. Cavin-2 regulates the activity and stability of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) in angiogenesis. JBC. September 14, 2017. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M117.794743. [IF: 4.125]
- Kirkby NS, Sampaio W, Etelvino G, Alves DT, Anders KL, Temponi R, Shala F, Nair AS, Ahmetaj-Shala B, Jiao J, Herschman HR, Wang X, Wahli W, Santos RA, Mitchell JA. Cyclooxygenase-2 Selectively Controls Renal Blood Flow Through a Novel PPARβ/δ-Dependent Vasodilator Pathway. Hypertension. 2018 Jan 2. doi: 10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.117.09906. [IF: 6.857]
- Menon NV, Tay HM, Pang LT, Dalan R, Wong SC, Wang X, Li KHH, and HW Hou. A tunable microfluidic 3D stenosis model to study leukocyte-endothelial interactions in atherosclerosis. APL Bioengineering. Jan 2, 2018; doi.org/10.1063/1.4993762
- Sng MK, Chan JSK, Teo Z, Phua T, Tan EHP, Wee JWK, Koh NJN, Tan CK, Chen JP, Pal M, Tong BMK, Tnay YL, Ng XR, Zhu P, Chiba S, Wang X, Wahli W and TAN NS. Selective deletion of PPARβ/δ in fibroblasts causes dermal fibrosis by attenuated LRG1 expression. Cell discovery April 3, 2018. [IF: 11.981]
- Ghim M, Pang KT, Arshad M, Wang X, Weinberg PD, A novel method for segmenting growth of cells in sheared endothelial culture reveals the secretion of an anti-inflammatory mediator. Journal of Biological Engineering Aug 14 2018; doi.org/10.1186/s13036-018-0107-6. [IF: 5.256]
- He Q, AU B, Kulkarni M, Shen Y, Lim KJ, Maimaiti J, Wong CK, Luijten MNH, Chong HC, Lim EH, Rancati G, Sinha I, Fhu Z, Wang X, Connolly JE, and Crasta KC. Chormosoma instability-induced senescence potentiates cell non-autonomous tumorigenic effects. Oncogenesis Aug 15, 2018; [IF: 4.586].
- Lio D, Liu C, Wiraja C, Qiu B, Fhu CW, Wang X, Xu C. Molecular beacon-gold nanosensors for Leucine-rich alpha-2-glycoprotein-1 (Lrg1) detection in pathological angiogenesis. ACS Sensor Aug 10, 2018; [IF: 5.711].
- Lim JCW, Kwan JYL, Tan MS, Tan M, Wahli W, Wang X. PPARβ/δ-deficiency leads to increased melanoma metastasis. International Journal of Molecular Science. 2018 Oct; 19(10): 2860. IF: 3.687].
- Than A, Liu C, Cheng H, Duong PK, Xu C*, Wang X*, Chen P*. Self-implantable double-layered micro-drug-reservoirs for efficient and controlled ocular drug delivery. Nature Communications. (2018) 9:4433 | DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-0698. [IF: 13.691]. Top 5 chemistry and materials science articles from 2018
- Subramaniam AV, Yehya AHS, Cheng WK*, Wang X*. Oon CE*. Epigenetics: The master control of endothelial cell fate in cancer. Life Sciences. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2019.116652. [IF: 3.448].
- Njah K, Chakraborty S, Qiu B, Arumugam S, Raju A, Pobatti A, Lakshmanan M, Tergaonkar V, Thibault G, Wang X*, and Hong W. A role of Agrin in maintaining the stability of Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 during tumor angiogenesis. Cell Report. 2019 July 23; 28 (4): 949-965. [IF: 8.032].
- Qiu B, Tan A, Barathi VA, Li Y, Liu C, Murray H, Cheng W, Busoy JM, Chen QY, Sistla S, Hunziker W, Cheung CMG, Wong TY, Hong W, Luesch H, and Wang X. Apratoxin S4 inspired by a marine natural product, a new treatment option for ocular angiogenic diseases. IOVS. 2019;60:3254–3263. [IF: 3.303].
- Xue K, Zhao X, Zhang Z, Qiu B, Tan QSW, Ong KH, Liu Z, Parikh BH, Barathi VA, Yu W, Wang X, Lingam G, Hunziker W, Su X, Loh XJ. Sustained delivery of anti-VEGFs from thermogel depots inhibits angiogenesis without the need for multiple injections. Biomaterials Science. 2019 Aug 22. doi: 10.1039/c9bm01049a. [IF: 5.831].
- Liu C, Lim ST, Teo M, Tan M, Kulkarni MD, Qiu B, Li A, Lal S, dos Remedios CG, Tan NS, Wahli W, Ferenczi MA, Song W*, Hong W*, Wang X*, Collaborative regulation of LRG1 by TGFβ1 and PPARβ/δ modulates chronic pressure-overload-induced cardiac fibrosis. Circulation: Heart Failure [IF: 6.526].
- N Kirkby, J Raouf, BA Shala, B Liu, SI. Mazi, ML. Edin, MG Chambers, M Korotkova, X Wang, W Wahli, DC. Zeldin, R Nüsing; Y Zhou, PJ Jakobsson, JA. Mitchell. Mechanistic definition of the cardiovascular mPGES-1/COX-2/ADMA axis. Cardiovascular Research. [IF: 6.29].
- Lio D*, Chia R*, Kwek M, Wiraja C, Chang H, Khadir SMA, Wang X*, Becker DL*, Xu C*, Temporal Pressure Enhanced Topical Drug Delivery through Micropore Formation. Science Advances. [IF: 12.804].
- Tan WY, Sng MK, Cheng HS, Low ZS, Leong JJ, Chua D, Tan HP, Chan ST, Yip YS, Lee YY, Pal M, Wang X, and Wahli W, Tan NS. Deficiency in fibroblast PPARβ/δ reduces non-melanoma skin cancers in mice. Cell death and differentiation 27, pages2668–2680(2020) [IF: 8.184].
- Menon N; Su C; Pang KT; Phua ZJ; Tay HM; Dalan R; Wang X; Li H; Hou H. Recapitulating Atherogenic Flow Disturbances and Vascular Inflammation in a Perfusable 3D Stenosis Model. Biofabrication. 28 July 2020 [IF: 7.236].
- Ju J, Tian Y, Kang J, Chia R, Chang H, Bai Y, Hsieha C, Xu C, Wang X and Liu Q. Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy based Biosensor with a Low-cost Microneedle Array for Minimally Invasive In Situ Glucose Measurements. ACS Sens. 2020, 5, 6, 1777–1785. [IF: 8.315].
- Ho SY, Kwan YP, Qiu B, Tan A, Murray HL, Barathi VA, Tan NS, Cheung CMG*, Wong TY*, Wahli W,* and Wang X*, Investigating the Role of PPARβ/δ in Retinal Vascular Remodeling Using Pparβ/δ-Deficient Mice. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2020, 21(12), 4403.
- Liu C, Teo MHY, Pek S, Wu X, Leong ML, Tay HM, Hou HW, Ruedl C, Moss S, Greenwood J, Tavintharan S, Hong W*, Wang X*. A multifunctional role of Leucine-rich-alpha 2 glycoprotein 1 in cutaneous wound healing under normal and diabetic condition. Diabetes. Accepted.
Treatment of vasculoproliferative conditions
Priority Date: 04/09/2009
PCT number: PCT/GB2010/001681
Publication No: WO2011027129
Publication date: 10/03/201
Treatment of CancerPriority Date: 09/03/2012
PCT number: PCT/GB2013/050580