Director of Centre for Quantitative Medicine (Code: OR/CQM1)
The Programme in Health Services and Systems Research (HSSR) and Centre for Quantitative Medicine (CQM) at the Duke-NUS Medical School in Singapore invite applications from outstanding candidates. The school embodies a strategic partnership between Duke University and National University of Singapore (NUS). It works closely with the Singapore Health Services (SingHealth) cluster, which is a network of national specialty disease centres, hospitals and polyclinics, to advance medicine and improve lives through cutting-edge research and education.
The HSSR programme aims to advance the science in health services and systems research, and promote capacity to conduct and to use health services research. The CQM is an academic centre for quantitative scientists and strives to bring the quantitative science and biomedical research communities together. It engages in methodological research and collaborative clinical research and offers a PhD specialty track in Biostatistics and Health Data Science.
We invite applications for the Tenure-track/tenured Faculty in HSSR and Director of CQM which will be based in Singapore.
We are seeking a researcher whose prime interest involves at least one of the following three research areas:
- Data Science and Electronic Health Records
- Artificial Intelligence and Quantitative Medicine
- Population Health and Implementation Science
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a multidisciplinary environment, seeks to establish an innovative, pragmatic research agenda in Singapore and the region, and promote local capacity through mentoring and education in a highly supportive environment. Opportunities exist for diverse collaborations with SingHealth and other national health care organizations as well as the SingHealth Duke-NUS Global Health Institute and for supervision of PhD students. This tenure-track/tenured position represents an outstanding opportunity to become a high impact investigator in Singapore. In addition, the candidate will be expected to take on the role of Director of CQM. In that role, he/she will provide overall leadership and managerial oversight for CQM.
- Appropriate PhD/medical degree
- Experience leading a team
- Advanced research training, for example through an advanced methodological degree or a research fellowship
- Generated own research agenda / established own research program
- Demonstrated ability to write grant proposals and maintain appropriate accountability.
- A distinctive body of independent research
- Strong publication record
- Evidence in publication record of contributing productively to the work of others.
- Combination of independent research and broad research collaboration, with clinical and policy partners in Singapore and elsewhere in Asia
Personal Attributes Required:
In this key role, personal attributes are equally important as the technical skills and include:
- Leadership and administrative skills
- Drive / enthusiasm
- Ability to work comfortably at the interface between health content and methodology
- Skilled in communicating complex ideas to non-technical colleagues and lay stakeholders
For full consideration, interested candidates should submit to: email@example.com by July 31st, 2019, a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a summary of research accomplishments and outline of future plans.
July 31, 2019
By submitting this application, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our terms relating to Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).