- The scope of palliative care in the Emergency Department
- Pain and symptom management
- Care of the dying
- Serious illness communications
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the importance of integrating palliative care principles in emergency department settings.
- Apply principles of pain and symptom management for patients requiring palliative care.
- Identify the patient at end-of-life and provide appropriate care for the dying in the emergency department context.
- Develop basic communication skills for sensitive conversations with critically-ill patients and their families
Learners will access materials such as videos, animated presentations, readings, assessments on the Learning Management System (LMS) at own pace and time.
Estimated time required is 5 hours. Learners have access to the materials for a month upon successful registration. The online self-paced learning is supplemented by an online forum that will address any questions and comments at the end of the course.