For students admitted to the MD-PhD programme, tuition fees comprise two components, namely the government-subsidised MD programme and the non government-subsidised PhD programme.
For MD-PhD students admitted in Academic Year 2022-2023, annual tuition fees for the MD component are as follows:
- Singapore Citizens: SGD 48,050 (GST subsidy provided)
- Singapore Permanent Residents: SGD 58,800 (GST subsidy provided)
- International Students: SGD 72,824
Following the 1% GST increase by the Singapore Government, the annual MD tuition fees payable by all international students who are not enjoying GST-subsidy from the Singapore Government (including existing students)has been revised, effective from 1 January 2023.
For the MD COMPONENT, depending on the year in which students embark on their PhD programme, students will receive either of the following:
For MD-PhD students entering PhD programme before AY2018:
- A MD-PhD Pre-Research Scholarship, of equivalent value to the tuition fees paid (nett of any bursary and/or merit scholarship received) for the first 2 years of MD programme will be provided shortly after beginning their PhD; and
- A MD-PhD Final Year Scholarship of equivalent in value to the tuition fees payable (nett of any bursary and/or merit scholarship to be receive) for their final phase of MD studies, will be provided in their final MD year.
For MD-PhD students entering PhD programme after AY2018:
Shortly before the start of their PhD studies, a MD-PhD Tuition Support Scholarship will be awarded covering MD out-of-pocket MD tuition fees paid during the first 2 years of as well as the final phase of MD studies.
For the PhD COMPONENT, MD-PhD students will receive:
- A scholarship covering 100% of tuition and miscellaneous fees payable for the 4-year duration; and
- A monthly stipend for the 4-year duration of the PhD.
To find out about the financial aid available, visit Information on Scholarship and Financial Aid Schemes.