As Head of Asia Pacific Tech Regulatory Policy of Roche Singapore Technical Operations, Dr Sannie Chong:
- Actively engages the Health Authorities and Key Opinion Leaders to ensure an optimal and robust regulatory environment that facilitates patients’ access.
- Drives for regulatory convergence with the aim to deliver safe and efficacious products quickly within Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) https://doi.org/10.1186/s41120-018-0024-2
Formerly from Singapore Health Sciences Authority (HSA) as Branch Director, Dr Sannie Chong supervised all the quality reviewers responsible for all decisions relating to chemistry, manufacturing and control (CMC) in both the pre- and post-marketing stages.
Internationally, she represented HSA as:
- the WHO expert for the pre-qualification of Medicines Program
- the Singapore Lead for ASEAN (for technical); and
- the Singapore Lead of the work-sharing initiatives of ACSS (Australia-Canada-Singapore-Switzerland) https://www.tga.gov.au/acss-nce-work-sharing-pilot
Dr Chong holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Hull (UK) and a postdoctoral research fellowship from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (USA).
Currently Dr Chong also serves as visiting expert of the Duke-NUS Centre of Regulatory Excellence (Singapore).