PHD PROGRAMMES OFFERED AT DUKE-NUS
Biomedical research is vital for improving disease prevention and treatment. At Duke-NUS, we offer some of the top PhD programmes in Asia with a range of research focuses. Our vision is for our PhD graduates to become experts in the biomedical and clinical sciences, driven by the desire and curiosity to seek answers to biological questions, potentially leading to new and better treatments.
- World-class research institution with state-of-the-art research facilities.
- Innovative research led by internationally recognized faculty.
- Research programmes span from basic science to translational research with the goal to take discoveries from bench to bedside.
- The PhD in Integrated Biology and Medicine degree focuses on specific disease areas.
- The PhD in Quantitative Biology and Medicine has a unique focus on biomedical data science research
The Duke-NUS PhD in Integrated Biology and Medicine provides training in translational bioscience, with a goal to develop PhD scientists across multiple disciplines who are able to translate basic scientific discoveries into useful therapies for patients.
The PhD degree, which is expected to take 4-5 years to complete, is awarded by Duke and NUS. Applicants must have at least a bachelor's degree related to science to apply for PhD study.
The Duke-NUS PhD in Quantitative Biology and Medicine provides training in these two areas with the goal to develop students that will possess quantitative and computational skills that are increasingly necessary to decipher the myriad of clinical and biomedical data. Students admitted to this programme will choose to focus either on biostatisitcs or bioinformatics. The education and training of students is supported by an award-winning research faculty.
The PhD degree, which is expected to take 4-5 years to complete, is awarded by NUS. Applicants must have at least a bachelor's degree related to science to apply.