The Sponsored Research Department (SRD) performs the pre and post-award administration of sponsored projects (funded by public and private funders) at Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School. The SRD acts as the bridge between the funders and research scientists at Duke-NUS with regard to the coordination of grant applications and administration of awarded grants.
For the latest grant call deadlines, please click here.
The mission of SRD is to advise and support to the Duke-NUS research community in the acquisition and administration of externally funded research grants. SRD is charged with the responsibility of providing pre-award and post-award administration of all externally funded research grants in Duke-NUS. SRD upholds the stewardship of externally funded grants as directed by the values of Office of Research and the applicable Funders’ regulations and policies.
SRD strives to enhance the competitiveness of our researchers by maximising funding opportunities, ensuring smooth progression of funded projects, providing professional and quality customer support and service, keeping abreast of Funders’ requirements, and maintaining good working relationships with Funders, NUS Central Admin and other supporting units in Duke-NUS.
Services and Support provided by SRD are:
- Advise on grant opportunities for external grants
- Facilitate grant applications for external grants
- Advise on research budgets and other costs for external grant applications & research contracts
- Negotiate funding terms for research agreements & contracts involving external funding
- Support of Internal Peer Review Committee
- Management of indirect costs and research space funding from external grants
- Management of post-award activities: (grant variations, grant extensions, progress and final reports, manpower verification)
- Facilitate research financials activities: (cashflow projections, line-item tracking, milestone billing, verification of OOE & Eqpt as per Funder's List)