Dr Chan Lai Peng is a Senior Consultant Radiologist and the Head of the Department of Diagnostic Radiology. She is fellowship trained in musculoskeletal radiology with subspecialty expertise in imaging of sports injuries and musculoskeletal tumours. Her current interests are in musculoskeletal radiology, ultrasound, medical informatics, and application of artificial intelligence in radiology.
- MBBS, National University of Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, United Kingdom (FRCR, UK)
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (FAMS)
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships
- Clinical Lecturer, Yong Loo Lin Medical School, National University of Singapore
- Member, IT Steering Committee, Singapore General Hospital
- Co-Chair, Enterprise Imaging Steering Committee, SingHealth.
- “You Shine” Award, SingHealth, 2013
- Singapore Radiological Society Trust Fund Research Grant 2006
- SARS Courage Medal 2003
- Best Free Paper, 1st International Conference on Evidence-Based Medicine, 2003
- Best Paper Award, 7th Annual Scientific Meeting, Singapore Radiological Society, 1998
Selected Publications and Research Trials
1. Jin Rong Tan, Elizabeth Hui Ting Cheong, Lai Peng Chan, Wei Ping Tham. Implementation of an Artificial Intelligence-Based Double Read System in Capturing Pulmonary Nodule Discrepancy in CT Studies, Current Problems in Diagnostic Radiology, 2020.
2. Déjà vu or jamais vu? How the severe acute respiratory syndrome experience influenced a Singapore radiology department's response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) epidemic. LTE Cheng, LP Chan, BH Tan, RC Chen, KH Tay, ML Ling, BS Tan. American Journal of Roentgenology 214 (6), 1206-1210
3. Adapting to a new normal? 5 key operational principles for a radiology service facing the COVID-19 pandemic. RC Chen, TT Tan, LP Chan. European Radiology, (2020) 30:4964–4967
4. Helical CT imaging of clinically suspected appendicitis: correlation of CT and histological findings. SK Wong, LP Chan, A Yeo. Clin Radiol 57 (8), 741-5
Google scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=FuPTOGQAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate