Dr Low is currently Programme Director, SingHealth Office of Regional Health, having relinquished his appointment as Group Director, Regional Health System in May 20. He is concurrently a Fellow at the HealthCare Leadership College and Adj Assoc Professor, Anaesthesiology and Perioperative Academic Clinical Programme.
Prior to this Dr Low held several key appointments in SingHealth in Academic Medicine, Strategic Human Resource and Clinical Governance. Dr Low also spent a number of years with the Ministry of Health as the Executive Director of the National Medical Research Council.
Prior to joining SingHealth, Dr Low served more than 20 years in the Singapore Armed Forces where he last served as the Chief Naval Medical Officer.
• The evaluation of a practical expert defined approach to patient population segmentation: A case study in Singapore LL Low, YH Kwan, Nan Liu, Xuan Jing, Edwin Low, Julian Thumboo BMC Health Services Research 2017 17:771 DOI 10.11186/s12913-017-2736-6
• The development of hyperbaric and diving medicine in Singapore Chng J, Low CT, Kang WL Singapore Medical Journal 2011 Dec; 52 (12) 901-5
• Coordination and resource maximization during disaster relief efforts Vernon J Lee Edwin Low Pre-hospital and disaster medicine 2006 21 (1): s8-12
• Disaster relief and initial response to the earthquake and tsunami in Meulaboh VJ Lee, Edwin Low Yih Yng Ng Annals of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore Nov 2006 34 (9): 586-90
• Breath carbon monoxide as an indication of smoking habit in the military setting ECT Low, MCC Ong, MTan SMJ 2004 Vol 45 (11) : 520,
• A self-controlled trial to evaluate the use of active hearing defenders in the engine rooms of operational naval vessels. M Ong JTL Choo E Low Singapore Med J 2004 Vol 45 (2): 75
• Airway and ventilatory equipment in field anaesthesia: what's new? Tang KC, Chiu JW, Low E Mil Med. 2004 May;169(5):342-8
• Management of haemorrhagic stroke with hyperbaric oxygen therapy-a case report. Lim J, Lim WK, Yeo TT, Sitoh YY, Low E Singapore Med J. 2001 May; 42(5):220-3
• Effects of one night of sleep deprivation on hormone profiles and performance efficiency. Goh VH, Tong TY, Lim CL, Low E, Lee LK Mil Med. 2001 May; 166(5):427-31.
• What you need to know: diving medicine and the role of the family physician. G Chan, E Low, J Wong Singapore Med J. 2000 Feb; 41(2):92-3.
• Circadian disturbances after nightshift work onboard a naval ship. Goh VH, Tong TY, Lim CL, Low EC, Lee LK Mil Med. 2000 Feb;165(2):101-5.
• Decompression illness after air dives treated in Singapore 1991-1998. Low E, Shi-Lu Chia SPUMS Journal Volume 29 No. 2 June 1999.
• Effects of sleep deprivation on performance of naval seamen - Total sleep deprivation on performance How JM, Foo SC, E Low, Wong TM, et al Ann of Academy of Medicine, 1994 Sep; 23:5 669-75