Education Qualifications: MBBS (S'pore), MRCS (Singapore), MMed (Surgery), FAMS (Urology)
Associate Professor Henry Ho is a senior consultant with the Department of Urology. He received his MBBS and Master of Medicine (Surgery) from the National University of Singapore, and was subsequently elected a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Associate Professor Ho was the first doctor in SGH/SingHealth to be awarded the Singapore-Stanford Biodesign (SSB) Fellowship Award by A*STAR in 2011.
Associate Professor Ho is an outstanding and well-regarded surgeon, who has demonstrated excellent leadership track record since taking on the role of Head, Urology in April 2017. He is a strong champion for research and innovation, especially in the areas of device development and medical technology. As a forerunner and thought leader in this area, he has contributed significantly and accumulated a wealth of experience through his various roles as Director, Device Development, Surgery ACP (2012 -2016); Director, Medical Technology Office, SingHealth (2019 -2021); and Director, Medical Technology Unit, SGH (2019 -2021).
Associate Professor Ho has also received various awards over the years, such as the Urology Outstanding Faculty, RiSE Awards in 2019; Doctor Covid team award, You Shine Awards in 2020; Service with a Heart Award, SGH in 2020; and Superhero award, Singapore Health Quality Service Award in 2021.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships:
- Adjunct Associate Professor, NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
- Member, Singapore Urological Association
- Member, European Association of Urology
- Member, Singapore Medical Association
- Singapore-Stanford Biodesign (SSB) Fellowship Award, A*STAR (2011)
- Urology Outstanding Faculty, SingHealth RiSE Awards (2019)
- Doctor Covid team award (2020)
- You Shine Awards (2020)
- Service with a Heart Award, SGH (2020)
- Superhero Award (2021)
- Singapore Health Quality Service Award (2021)