Education Qualifications: MBBS, MPH (Harvard), MRCP (UK), MMED (Int Med), FAMS (Cardiology), DIP CBNC (USA), FESC (EU), FACC (USA), FRCP (London)
Assoc Prof Angela Koh is a Senior Consultant with the Department of Cardiology at the National Heart Centre Singapore. Her clinical interests are multimodality cardiovascular imaging and cardiovascular disease.
She is thrice awarded by the National Medical Research Council, Singapore, as a Clinician Scientist and leads as principal investigator in several clinical research studies.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships:
- Senior Consultant, Department of Cardiology, National Heart Centre Singapore- Present
- Associate Professor, Duke-NUS Medical School - Present
- World Heart Federation World Heart Observatory Expert Group, 2023
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians, London, UK
- Fellow, European Society of Cardiology
- Fellow, American Heart Association
- Fellow, American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Fellow, Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- Clinical Lecturer, Clinical Faculty Scheme, National University of Singapore, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Singapore
- Clinical Teacher, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
- Member, Singapore Medical Association
- Member, Singapore Cardiac Society
- World Heart Federation Salim Yusuf Emerging Leaders Programme, 2022
- Clinician Scientist Award (Investigator), National Medical Research Council, Singapore, 2022
- Paul Dudley White International Scholar Award, American Heart Association, 2021
- Clinician Scientist Award (Investigator), National Medical Research Council, Singapore, 2019
- Outstanding Mentor Award, Wong Hock Boon Society, NUS, 2017
- Singapore Health Service Quality Award 2016 (Silver)
- Singapore Health Service Quality Award and 2017 (Gold)
- Transition Award, National Medical Research Council, Singapore, 2014
- SingHealth Publish Award (Medical Research), SingHealth Foundation, 2012
- American Heart Association Women in Cardiology Trainee Award for Excellence, Scientific Sessions in Chicago, Illinois, 2010
- NHCS Productivity Award, 2010
- NHCS Productivity Award, 2009
- Seah Cheng Siang M.Med (Internal Medicine) Gold Medal Award, National University of Singapore, 2007
1. Lee YL, Lee GS, Teo LL, Tan RS, Zhong L, Gao F and Koh AS. Effect of psychosocial motivations and technology on physical activity behaviours among community older men and women. BMC Geriatr. 2022;22:933.
2. Loh R, Tan RS, Lim WS and Koh AS. Cardio-sarcopenia: A syndrome of concern in aging. Front Med (Lausanne). 2022;9:1027466.
3. Ho JS, Wong JJ, Gao F, Wee HN, Teo LLY, Ewe SH, Tan RS, Ching J, Chua KV, Lee LS, Koh WP, Kovalik JP and Koh AS. Adverse cardiovascular and metabolic perturbations among older women: 'fat-craving' hearts. Clin Res Cardiol. 2023.
4. Tham CY, Poon L, Yan T, Koh JYP, Ramlee MK, Teoh VSI, Zhang S, Cai Y, Hong Z, Lee GS, Liu J, Song HW, Hwang WYK, Teh BT, Tan P, Xu L, Koh AS, Osato M and Li S. High-throughput telomere length measurement at nucleotide resolution using the PacBio high fidelity sequencing platform. Nat Commun. 2023;14:281.
5. Koh AS, Siau A, Gao F, Chioh FWJ, Leng S, Zhao X, Zhong L, Tan RS, Koh PL, Kovalik JP, Lim WS, Lee GS, Koh WP and Cheung C. Left Atrial Phasic Function in Older Adults Is Associated with Fibrotic and Low-Grade Inflammatory Pathways. Gerontology. 2022:1-10.
6. Koh AS, Gao F, Chin CT, Keng FY, Tan RS and Chua TS. Differential risk reclassification improvement by exercise testing and myocardial perfusion imaging in patients with suspected and known coronary artery disease. J Nucl Cardiol. 2016;23:366-378.
7. Koh AS and Kovalik JP. Metabolomics and cardiovascular imaging: a combined approach for cardiovascular ageing. ESC Heart Fail. 2021;8:1738-1750.
8. Koh AS, Lye WK, Chia SY, Salunat-Flores J, Sim LL, Keng FYJ, Tan RS and Chua TSJ. Long-Term Prognostic Value of Appropriate Myocardial Perfusion Imaging. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1957-1962.
9. Koh AS, Murthy VL, Sitek A, Gayed P, Bruyere J, Jr., Wu J, Di Carli MF and Dorbala S. Left atrial enlargement increases the risk of major adverse cardiac events independent of coronary vasodilator capacity. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2015;42:1551-1561.
10. Koh AS, Pan A, Wang R, Odegaard AO, Pereira MA, Yuan JM and Koh WP. The association between dietary omega-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular death: the Singapore Chinese Health Study. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2015;22:364-372.
11. Koh AS, Talaei M, Pan A, Wang R, Yuan JM and Koh WP. Systolic blood pressure and cardiovascular mortality in middle-aged and elderly adults - The Singapore Chinese Health Study. Int J Cardiol. 2016;219:404-9.
12. Koh AS, Tay WT, Teng THK, Vedin O, Benson L, Dahlstrom U, Savarese G, Lam CSP and Lund LH. A comprehensive population-based characterization of heart failure with mid-range ejection fraction. Eur J Heart Fail. 2017:10.
13. Keng BMH, Gao F, Teo LLY, Lim WS, Tan RS, Ruan W, Ewe SH, Koh WP and Koh AS. Associations between Skeletal Muscle and Myocardium in Aging: A Syndrome of "Cardio-Sarcopenia"? J Am Geriatr Soc. 2019;67:2568-2573.
14. Gao F, Kovalik JP, Zhao X, Chow VJ, Chew H, Teo LL, Tan RS, Leng S, Ewe SH, Tan HC, Tan TY, Lee LS, Ching J, Keng BM, Zhong L, Koh WP and Koh AS. Exacerbation of cardiovascular ageing by diabetes mellitus and its associations with acyl-carnitines. Aging (Albany NY). 2021;13:14785-14805.
15. Kovalik JP, Zhao X, Gao F, Leng S, Chow V, Chew H, Teo LLY, Tan RS, Ewe SH, Tan HC, Wee HN, Lee LS, Ching J, Keng BMH, Koh WP, Zhong L and Koh AS. Amino acid differences between diabetic older adults and non-diabetic older adults and their associations with cardiovascular function. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2021;158:63-71.
16. Loh DR, Yeo SY, Tan RS, Gao F and Koh AS. Explainable Machine-Learning Predictions To Support Personalized Cardiology Strategies. European Heart Journal - Digital Health. 2021.
17. Vedin O, Lam CSP, Koh AS, Benson L, Teng THK, Tay WT, Braun OO, Savarese G, Dahlstrom U and Lund LH. Significance of Ischemic Heart Disease in Patients With Heart Failure and Preserved, Midrange, and Reduced Ejection Fraction: A Nationwide Cohort Study. Circ Heart Fail. 2017;10:e003875.
Angela S. Koh - Google Scholar