Education Qualifications: MBBS (Spore), MMED (FM), FCFP
Dr David Ng is a Family Physician by training and currently serves as the Chief Executive Director of SingHealth Polyclinics and Academic Chair of SingHealth Duke−NUS Family Medicine Academic Clinical Programme. Through that role, he oversees the clinical, educational and research aspects of SHP in his drive towards excellent primary care.
Over his 20 years of service in public healthcare and particularly in the past two years as Deputy CEO, Dr Ng has been a stalwart in advancing the development and implementation of organisation and clinical endeavours, and deepening collaborations with community partners and patients to deliver SHP’s primary care and population health mission. In 2017, Dr Ng successfully led in conceptualising, designing, planning and building SHP–Punggol, SingHealth’s largest Polyclinic to date, as a future-proofed facility to meet anticipated patient care needs over the longer-term national healthcare landscape. To provide better care delivery and outcomes, Dr Ng spearheaded the enhancement and integration of SHP data management across domains and systems for enhanced data governance and analytics. A strong believer in cultivating a happy and engaged workforce, Dr Ng chairs the SHP Employee Engagement Taskforce with the aim of establishing SingHealth Polyclinics as the Best Place to Work In. During the current COVID-19 pandemic, Dr Ng, in his capacity as the Deputy Chair of the institution’s Disease Outbreak Taskforce, has directed various multi-disciplinary teams to respond to national and cluster requirements, including external operations at Tampines Dormitory and the Community Care Facility at D’Resort, and supporting the National Vaccination Programme.
In his new role as CEO, Dr Ng will build on the foundation laid by Dr Ee to strengthen the value proposition of “A Better SHP” for staff and patients. As Academic Chair, FM ACP, he will provide strategic direction to propel the ACP’s academic medicine agenda to greater heights.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships:
- Part-Time Professional Staff, Ministry of Health – 2015 to 2017
- Member, SHP Community Geriatric Workgroup – 2015 to Present
- Chairperson, SHP Community Geriatric Workgroup – 2013 to 2014
1. Hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia with pulmonary arteriovenous malformations: a treatable cause of thromboembolic cerebral events.
J K C Yoong, M M Htoo, V Jeyaseelan, D C C Ng
Singapore Medical Journal 2004 July Vol 45 (7): 334-6
2. Barriers to initiating insulin treatment in poorly controlled type II diabetics in the public sector primary health care setting. A Qualitative Study
Tan A M, Muthusamy L, Ng C C, Phoon K Y, Ow J H, Tan N C
Singapore Medical Journal 2011;52(11): 801 – 809
3. Sickness certification in Singapore’s public primary healthcare system: A cross-sectional analysis
David Chee Chin Ng, Yii Jen Lew, Eileen Yi Ling Koh, Van Hai Nguyen, Hwee Bee Wong, Lyn James and Ngiap Chuan Tan
Proceedings of Singapore 2018; Vol 27 (3): 167-174
4. PILL: Caring for the mother-child dyad as a family physician.
Li Ping Marianne Tsang, Chee Chin David Ng, Yoke Hwee Chan, Helen Yu Chen
Singapore Medical Journal 2019; 60(10): 497-501
5. Will the future BE POSITIVE? Early life experience as a signal to the developing brain pre school entry
A Rifkin-Graboi, KH Khng, P Cheung, Stella Tsotsi et al
Learning: Research and Practice 2019; Vol 5(2): 99-125