Education Qualifications: MBBS, FRCO (United Kingdom), FAMS (Neurology)
Dr Deidre Anne De Silva is a clinical neurologist with subspecialty interest in stroke. She is involved in stroke research including academic grant-supported studies and industry-sponsored clinical trials. Her education interests include inter-professional education in stroke and research mentorship.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships:
- Head & Senior Consultant, Department of Neurology, National Neuroscience Institute (Singapore General Hospital Campus)
- Chair, Stroke Service Improvement team, Ministry of Health, (2014 - Present)
- World Stroke Organisation Board member, (2018 – Present)
- Committee Member, Singapore National Stroke Association, (2014 - Present)
- AM-Ethos Mentor Developmenet Fellowship (2016)
- Outstanding Resident Faculty Award (2014 and 2015)
- SingHealth GCEO Outstanding Clinical Research Award (2014)
- NMRC Research Fellowship
- Royal Melbourne Clinical Fellowship
Leadership positions / roles in Education:
- Programme Director, Clinician - Investigator Development Programme (CIVDP)
- Core Faculty, Neurology Senior Residency
Extending thrombolysis to 4·5-9 h and wake-up stroke using perfusion imaging: a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data.
Campbell BCV, Ma H, Ringleb PA, Parsons MW, Churilov L, Bendszus M, Levi CR, Hsu C, Kleinig TJ, Fatar M, Leys D, Molina C, Wijeratne T, Curtze S, Dewey HM, Barber PA, Butcher KS, De Silva DA, Bladin CF, Yassi N, Pfaff JAR, Sharma G, Bivard A, Desmond PM, Schwab S, Schellinger PD, Yan B, Mitchell PJ, Serena J, Toni D, Thijs V, Hacke W, Davis SM, Donnan GA; EXTEND, ECASS-4, and EPITHET Investigators. Lancet. 2019 Jul 13;394(10193):139-147. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(19)31053-0. Epub 2019 May 22.
Greater effect of stroke thrombolysis in the presence of arterial obstruction.
De Silva DA, Churilov L, Olivot JM, Christensen S, Lansberg MG, Mlynash M, Campbell BC, Desmond P, Straka M, Bammer R, Albers GW, Davis SM, Donnan GA; EPITHET-DEFUSE Investigators. Ann Neurol. 2011 Oct;70(4):601-5. doi: 10.1002/ana.22444.
Retinal microvascular changes and subsequent vascular events after ischemic stroke.
De Silva DA, Manzano JJ, Liu EY, Woon FP, Wong WX, Chang HM, Chen C, Lindley RI, Wang JJ, Mitchell P, Wong TY, Wong MC; Multi-Centre Retinal Stroke Study Group.
Neurology. 2011 Aug 30;77(9):896-903. doi: 10.1212/WNL.0b013e31822c623b. Epub 2011 Aug 17.
Reconsidering recent myocardial infarction as a contraindication for IV stroke thrombolysis.
De Silva DA, Manzano JJ, Chang HM, Wong MC.
Neurology. 2011 May 24;76(21):1838-40. doi: 10.1212/WNL.0b013e31821ccc72. Epub 2011 Apr 13.
Stoke literacy in Singapore: data from a survey of public housing estate residents.
Lim W, Chuang DF, Chue KM, Lee DZ, Leong NJ, Ng ZG, Peng K, Shen X, Tham YN, Wang K, De Silva DA. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2014 Sep;43(9):454-63.