Education Qualifications: MBBS, MMed (Int Med)
Dr Ding Zee Pin is a Senior Consultant with the Department of Cardiology and the Advisor of Echocardiography at the National Heart Centre Singapore.
Her sub-specialty interest is in echocardiography.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships:
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- Fellowship in echocardiography at the Mayo Clinic, USA (1987-1988)
- Singhealth Excellence Award – Mentor 2017
- Star SingHealth Quality Award 2016
- National Day Award Singapore – Long Service Award 2012
- AFCC 19 Singapore 13-15 July 2012 YIA 1st prize) Pre-op afterload-adjusted left atrial ejection force predict occurrence of post-op atrial fibrillation in CABG patients Zhong L, Lim E, Liew R, Ding ZP.
- SCS Young Investigator’s Award 2012 Independence of Left Ventricular Torsion on age by two-dimensional speckle tracking healthy volunteers. Pre-op depressed left atrial ejection force associated with occurrence of post-op atrial fibrillation following cardiac surgery Zhong Liang1, Eric Lim1, Nesan Shanmugam1, Shipei Law2, Ong Boon Hean1, Lai Siang Hui2,3, Khairunnisa Binte Katwadi1, Daniel Chong1, Tan Boon Yew1, Ching Chi Keong1, Teo Wee Siong1, Ding Zee Pin1,2, Chua Yeow Leng1, Reginald Liew1,2
- Best Teacher Award. National Heart Centre Singapore 2011
- Echo Singapore 2009. Best poster award. Zhong L, Finn CJ, Tan LK, Chua LH, Huang FQ, Ding ZP
- Best Paper Award. Singapore Medical Journal 2008 Ooi LH, Lo NN, Yeo SJ, Ong BC, Ding ZP, Lefti A. Does computer-assisted surgical navigation total knee arthroplasty reduce venous thromboembolism compared with conventional total knee arthroplasty? Singapore Med J2008, Aug 2008, Aug: 49(8):610-14
- Award Paper. 26th American Congress of Cardiology, Argentina 1999. Lau KW, Ding ZP, et al. Clinical and angiographic outcome after angiography-guided stent placement in small coronary vessels (Award paper).
- 3rd Prize-Young Investigator Award, 6th Annual Scientific Meeting, Singapore Cardiac Society, March 1993. ZP Ding, S Quek, TS Chee, R Shah, R Kam, TT Lim, LK Lau. Detection of Potential Cardiac Embolic Source in Ischaemic Stroke and TIAs
Leadership positions / roles in Education:
- Core Faculty, Senior Residency Programme
- LA function (2D speckle tracking) in predicting Atrial Fibrillation in post CABG patients.
- Normal values of 2-Dimensiuonal and 3 Dimensional Echocardiographic Parameters in a Healthy Asian population.
- Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy Registry-Clinical Features and Outcomes.
- Functional Valvular Regurgitation in Chronic Atrial fibrillation, Predictors and Outcomes in Asian population.
- The Effect of Ischaemic Conditioning on Blood Pressure control in patients with Chronic Kidney Disease- the ERIC-BP-CKD trial.
- Cardiovascular effects of chemotherapeutic agents in patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Integrated computational modelling of right heart mechanics and blood flow dynAmics in congenital hEart disease (INITIATE).
- Mitral valve disease and Outcomes in Singapore.
- Normal Echo derived Value in an Asian population
- Age –Related Changes in Cardiovascular Structure and Function.
- Valve Burden in Singapore.
Allometric Relationships for Cardiac Size and Longitudinal Function in Healthy Chinese Adults-Normal Ranges and Clinical Correlates. Michael CH Seng, Xiayan Shen, Kangjie Wang, Daniel TT Chong, Jiang Ming Fam, Nadira Hamid, Mohammed Rizwan Amanullah, Khung-Keong Yeo, See Hooi Ewe, Terrance SJ Chua, Zee Pin Ding, Anders O Sahlen. Circulation Journal 2018.
Normal Reference Values for Assessing Diastolic Function Using the Parameterized Diastolic Filling Formalism Method in Patients with Normal Results of Rest and Stress Echocardiography. Martin G. Sundqvist, Anders O Sahlen, Zee Pin Ding, Martin Ugander. Ultrasound in medicine and biology.
Effects of Aortic Valve Replacement on Severe Aortic Stenosis and Preserved Systolic Function: Systematic Review and Network Meta-analysis. Quishi Zheng, Andie H. Djohan, Enghow Lim, Zee Pin Ding, Lieng H Ling, Luming Shi, Edwin Shif-Yen Chan,, Calvin Woon Loong Chin. Scientific Reports. 2017;7:5092.
Prevalence, presentation and outcome of Heart Failure with preserved ejection fraction among patients presenting with undifferentiated dypnoea to the Emergency Room: A 10 year analysis from a tertiary centre. Ruan, Wen; Lim, Swee Han; Ding, Zee Pin; Sim, David K. L.; Gao, Fei; Gunasegaran, Kurugulasigamoney; Kwok, Bernard W. K.; Tan, Ru San. Ann Acad Med Singapore; 2016, 45(1):18-26.
Impact of aortic root size on left ventricular afterload and stroke volume. Sahlén, Anders, Amanullah, Mohammed Rizwan, Fam, Jiang Ming, Yeo, Khung Keong, Lau, Yee How, Lam, Carolyn S P, Ding, Zee Pin. European Journal of Applied Physiology; Jul 2016, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p1355-1365, 11p.
The MitraClip Asia-Pacific registry: Differences in outcomes between functional and degenerative mitral regurgitation.Tay E, Muda N, Yap J, Muller DW,.M., Santoso T, Walters, D L, Liu, X, Yamen E, Jansz,P , Yip J, Zambahari R, Passage J, Ding ZP, Wang J, Scalia G, Soesanto AM., Yeo KK. Catheter and Cardiovasc Interv. 2016 June; 87(7), E275-7
Age and gender-Specific changes in left ventricular systolic function in human volunteers Zhong L, Huang FQ, Tan LK, Allen JC, Ding ZP, Kassab G, Tan RS. International J of Cardiology. March 01, 2014 Volume 172, Issue 1, p1-292, e1-e262.
Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair with the Mitral Clip for Severe Mitral Regurgitation. Khung Keong Yeo1, MBBS, Zee Pin Ding1, MBBS, Yeow Leng Chua2, MBBS, Soo Teik Lim1, MBBS, Kenny Yoong Kong Sin2, MBBS, Jack Wei Chieh Tan1, MBBS, Paul Toon Lim Chiam1, MBBS, Nian Chih Hwang3, MBBS, Tian Hai Koh1, MBBS Singapore Med J 2013; 54(1): e9–e12.
Left ventricular diastolic function assessment using the timing of mitral annular and transmitral flow velocities. Huang F.Q., Zhong L., Zhang R.S., Tan l.K., Chua Y. L. H., Ding Z. P. Proceedings of Singapore Health care 2013.
Effects of age and gender on left atrial ejection force and volume from real-time three dimensional echocardiography. Zhong L, Tan LK, Finn CJ, Ghista DN, Liew R. Ding ZP. Ann Aca Med Singapore 2012;41(4):161-9.