Education Qualifications: BDS (Singapore), MDS (Prosthodontics)(Singapore), FRACDS, FAMS (Prosthodontics)
Dr Teoh graduated with BDS from the National University of Singapore in 1988 and obtained his Masters in Prosthodontics in 1994. He is a fellow in the Academy of Medicine, Singapore and the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons. He was awarded a HMDP Fellowship to pursue further training in the subspecialty of Maxillofacial Prosthetics at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York in 2001.
This subspecialty involves multidisciplinary management and prosthetic rehabilitation of head and neck cancers patients who suffer from the sequelae of the oncologic treatments. In collaboration with the Speech Therapy Department SGH, he established the Prosthetic, Speech and Swallowing Rehabilitation Clinic (PSSR) at NDCS in 2003. The PSSR Clinic provides a multidisciplinary management for patients with speech and swallowing disorders following radiation therapy, surgical resection or cerebro-vascular disorders requiring prosthetic intervention.
Dr Teoh is also a Visiting Consultant at the Singapore National Eye Centre to provide ocular/orbital prostheses to patients with anophthalmic defects. Apart from maxillofacial prosthetics, his clinical practice involves comprehensive management of patients requiring fixed, removable and implant prosthodontic rehabilitation.
He has been appointed as Associate Director of the NUS Residency Training Program for Prosthodontics since 2008. As an Associate Director, he was involved in the clinical training of the prosthodontics residents and their research thesis projects. As National Dental Centre Singapore's Deputy Director for Clinical, he oversees the clinical service, its governance and productivity. He has put in a framework to improve productivity through close monitoring of chair utilization, reducing no-show rates and engaging part-timers to backfill when clinicians are away doing research, administration or teaching.
He contributes to the dental profession through his involvement in professional bodies and providing quality continuing education locally and internationally. Presently, he serves as a member of the Dental Specialists Accreditation Board for Prosthodontics and as a member on the Singapore Dental Council Complaints Panel and Discipline Committee.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships:
- Senior Consultant, Department of Restorative Dentistry, National Dental Centre Singapore
- Honorary Consultant, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Malaya – 2013 to 2015
- Journal Reviewer, Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry – 2013
- Member, Sengkang General Hospital / NDCS Workgroup – 2012 to Present
- Clinical Associate Professor, Faculty of Dentistry, NUS – 2011 to 2020
- Member, Thesis Committee MDS (Prosthodontics) Residency Training Programme – 2010 to Present
- Head, Prosthodontics Unit – 2008 to 2016
- Member, Dental Specialist Assessment Committee in Prosthodontics – 2008 to Present
- Member, MDS Prosthodontics Residency Training Program, NUS – 2008 to Present
- Member, Geriatrics and Special Needs Dentistry Workgroup, MOH – 2008 to Present
- Member, SingHealth Performance Management System Working Committee – 2008 to Present
- Board of Councilors, International Society for Maxillofacial Rehabilitation – 2006 to 2010
- Vice Chairman, NDCS Institutional Review Board – 2005 to 2008
- Journal Reviewer, International Journal of Maxillofacial Implants – 2004 to Present
- Visiting Consultant, Singapore National Eye Centre – 2004 to 2015
- Co-Chairman, NDCS Oral and Craniofacial Implant Programme – 2004 to 2011
- Asst. Hon Gen Sec, Prosthodontic Society Singapore – 2000 to 2004
- Member, Singapore Dental Association – 1998 to Present
- Treasurer, Prosthodontic Society Singapore – 1998 to 1999; 2003 – 2004
- SingHealth Long Term Talent Award FY10 – FY17
- GCEO Excellence Awards 2013 – Outstanding Clinician Award (Special Mention)
- SingHealth Sabbatical Scheme Fellowships - “Karolinska Institute - NDC Teacher Exchange Program” 3-11 September 2011
- Long Service Award in recognition of 20 years of service and contributions to NDC on 15 January 2009
- Awarded the STAR Award of NDC at its 10th Anniversary on 20 March 2007
- Awarded the Health Manpower Development Program scholarship for attachment in Maxillofacial Prosthetics at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in 2001 / 2002
Leadership positions / roles in Education:
- Associate Programme Director and Committee Member, MDS (Prosthodontics) Residency Training Programme – 2009 to Present
In Vitro Three-Dimensional Accuracy of Digital Implant Impressions: The Effect of Implant Angulation Chia VA, Esguerra RJ, Teoh KH, Teo JW, Wong KM, Tan KB Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2017 Mar/Apr;32(2):313–321. doi: 10.11607/jomi.5087. [Epub ahead of print]
Three Dimensionally Accuracy of Digital Implant Impressions: Effects of Different Scanners and Implant Level Chew AA, Esguerra RJ, Teoh KH, Wong KM, Ng SD, Tan KB Int J oral Maxillofac Implants. 2016 Oct 5. doi: 10.11607/jomi.4942 [Epub ahead of print]
Dental health status of community-dwelling older Singaporeans: findings from a nationally representative survey Chiu CT, Malhotra R, Tan SM, Lim J, Chan A, Teoh KH, Gan ST, Saito Y. Gerondontology. 2016 Feb 23. doi:10.1111/ger.12218. [Epub ahead of print]
Orbital Implant Placement using a Computer-aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) Stereolithographic Surgical Template Protocol. Goh BT, Teoh KH. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015 May; 44 (5) : 642-648 JIF: 1.359
Three-dimensionally accuracy of a Digitally-coded Healing Abutment Implant Impression System. Ng SD, Tan KB, Teoh KH, Cheng AC, Nicholls JI. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2014 Jul-Aug; 29(4) JIF: 1.491
A 5-year Retrospective Study of Fixed partial dentures: Success, and incidence of biological and technical complications Ken T, Chan SY, Sim PC, Teoh KH, Chua EK, Yuen KW, Chen NN Singapore Dent J. 2006 Dec; Vol 28(1): 40-46 CI: 3
Implant Prosthodontic Rehabilitation of Fibula Free-Flap Reconstructed Mandibles: A Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Review of Prognostic Factors and Implant Outcomes. Teoh KH, Huryn JM, Patel S, Halpern J, Tunick S, Wong HB, Zlotolow IM. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2005; 20:738–746 JIF: 1.491 CI: 34
Prosthetic Intervention in the Era of Microvascular Reconstruction of the Mandible – A Retrospective Analysis of Functional Outcome Teoh KH, Patel S, Hwang F, Huryn JM, Verbel D, Zlotolow IM. Int J Prosthodont. 2005;18:42-54 JIF: 1.185 CI : 17
Dental technician training in Singapore – A Survey Teoh KH, Chua EK Singapore Dent J. 2001 Jun; Vol 24(1):17-23.