Education Qualifications: MBBS (S’pore), FACC, FAMS, FSCAI, ABIM (Internal Med, Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology, USA), ABVM (Vascular Medicine & Endovascular, USA)
Dr Yeo Khung Keong is a Senior Consultant with the Department of Cardiology at the National Heart Centre Singapore. He is also the Deputy Group Chief Medical Informatics Officer (Research) of SingHealth.
Dr Yeo graduated in 1997 from the National University of Singapore where he obtained his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. He subsequently trained in the United States of America and obtained his American Board of Internal Medicine Certifications in Internal Medicine (University of Hawaii), Cardiovascular Medicine (University of California, Davis), Interventional Cardiology (University of California, Davis). He then spent an additional year training with a world-renowned cardiologist in peripheral arterial and carotid interventions. He is also Board-Certified by the American Board of Vascular Medicine in Vascular Medicine and in Endovascular procedures.
During his time at UC Davis, he trained in the MitraClip percutaneous repair of the mitral valve for mitral regurgitation. Currently, Dr Yeo leads the MitraClip programme at the National Heart Centre Singapore, the first in Asia.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships:
- Senior Consultant, Department of Cardiology, National Heart Centre Singapore
- Deputy Group Chief Medical Informatics Officer (Research), SingHealth, Oct 2018 – Present
- Chair, Chapter of Cardiologists, Academy of Medicine, May 2017 – Present
- Chair, Scientific Advisory Board, Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology, 2015 – Present
- Senior Consultant, Department of Cardiology, National Heart Centre Singapore 2013 – Present
- Fellow, Academy of Medicine Singapore, 2013
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology, 2012
- Fellow, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, 2012
- Member, American Heart Association, 2012
- Ordinary Member, Singapore Cardiac Society, 2012
- Full membership, Academic Medicine Education Institute, Oct 2012
- SingHealth Excellence Awards 2016 – Outstanding Educator
- Service Quality Silver Award, Singhealth 2013
- Service Quality Bronze Award, NHCS 2013
- Winner, 2008 Cardiovascular Research Award, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California
- Best resident, Nephrology, 2005, Internal Medicine Residency Program University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Best resident, Cardiology, 2005, Internal Medicine Residency Program University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Best Internal Medicine Resident 2005, Queens Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
Leadership positions / roles in Education:
- Academic Vice Chair, Training & Education
- Percutaneous mitral and tricuspid valve interventions
- Outcomes in percutaneous coronary interventions, including health services research
- Database, Registry, Data Science and Big Data research
Yeo KK, Armstrong EJ, Lopez JE, Chen DC, Westin GG, Li CS, Anderson D, Hua A, Singapuri A, Amsterdam EA, Chiamvimonvat N and Laird JR.
Aspirin and clopidogrel high on-treatment platelet reactivity and genetic predictors in peripheral arterial disease.
Catheterization and cardiovascular interventions. 2018 Jun;91(7): 1308-1317
Yap J, Singh GD, Kim JS, Soni K, Chua K, Neo A, Koh CH, Armstrong EJ, Waldo SW, Shunk KA, Low RI, Hong MK, Jang Y and Yeo KK.
Outcomes of primary percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction due to unprotected left main thrombosis: The Asia-Pacific Left Main ST-Elevation Registry (ASTER).
Journal of interventional cardiology. 2018;31:129-135.
Lim WK, Davila S, Teo JX, Yang C, Pua CJ, Blocker C, Lim JQ, Ching J, Yap JJL, Tan SY, Sahlen A, Chin CW, I BT, Rozen SG, Cook SA, Yeo KK and Tan P.
Beyond fitness tracking: The use of consumer-grade wearable data from normal volunteers in cardiovascular and lipidomics research.
PLoS Biol. 2018;16:e2004285.
Lim FY, Yap J, Gao F, Teo LL, Lam CSP and Yeo KK.
Correlation of the New York Heart Association classification and the cardiopulmonary exercise test: A systematic review.
Int J Cardiol. 2018;263:88-93.
Bylstra Y, Kuan JL, Lim WK, Bhalshankar JD, Teo JX, Davila S, I BT, Rozen S, Tan EC, Liew WKM, Yeo KK, Tan P, SinGapore Incidental Finding study g, Saw SM, Cheng CY, Cook S, Foo R and Jamuar SS.
Population genomics in South East Asia captures unexpectedly high carrier frequency for treatable inherited disorders.
Genet Med. 2018.
Yeo KK, Zheng H, Chow KY, Ahmad A, Chan BPL, Chang HM, Chong E, Chua TSJ, Foo DCG, Low LP, Ong MEH, Ong HY, Koh TH, Tan HC, Tang KF and Venketasubramanian N.
Comparative analysis of recurrent events after presentation with an index myocardial infarction or ischaemic stroke.
Eur Heart J Qual Care Clin Outcomes. 2017;3:234-242.
Yeo KK, Armstrong EJ, Soni K, Waldo SW, Patel M, Reeves R, MacGregor JS, Low RI, Shunk KA, Mahmud E and Rogers JH.
Long-term outcomes of angiographically confirmed coronary stent thrombosis: results from a multicentre California registry. EuroIntervention : journal of EuroPCR in collaboration with the Working Group on Interventional Cardiology of the European Society of Cardiology. 2015;11:188-95.
Yeo KK, Yap J, Yamen E, Muda N, Tay E, Walters DL, Santoso T, Liu X, Jansz P, Yip J, Zambahari R, Passage J, Koh TH, Wang J, Scalia G, Kuntjoro I, Soesanto AM and Muller D.
Percutaneous mitral valve repair with the MitraClip: early results from the MitraClip Asia-Pacific Registry (MARS).
EuroIntervention : journal of EuroPCR in collaboration with the Working Group on Interventional Cardiology of the European Society of Cardiology. 2014;10:620-5.
Yeo KK, Maddox TM, Carey E, Low RI and Shunk KA.
Right- and Left-Sided Heart Catheterization as a Quality Marker for Catheterization Laboratories (from the National Veterans Affairs Clinical Assessment Reporting and Tracking Program).
The American journal of cardiology. 2014;114:1758-62.
Yeo KK, Mahmud E, Armstrong EJ, Bennett WE, Shunk KA, MacGregor JS, Li Z, Low RI and Rogers JH.
Contemporary clinical characteristics, treatment, and outcomes of angiographically confirmed coronary stent thrombosis: results from a multicenter California registry.
Catheterization and cardiovascular interventions : official journal of the Society for Cardiac Angiography & Interventions. 2012;79:550-6.